The types of perturbagens in the dataset are:
- Small-molecule compounds.
The compounds were selected from multiple sources, including known drugs, pathway-specific tool compounds, and compounds of interest identified in NIH-sponsored small-molecule screening efforts in addition to nominations from the research community.
- Human genes perturbed using lentivirally-delivered shRNAs.
- Genes profiled for the effect of over-expression.
Genes for the genetic perturbations were chosen to include known targets of FDA-approved drugs, drug-target pathway members, candidate disease genes, and genes nominated by the research community.
Accessing the data: See Data API
List of perturbagens profiled: See Perturbagens assayed
- 1,300 off-patent FDA-approved drugs
- 700 bioactive tool compounds
- 2,000+ screening hits (MLPCN and others)
3,712 genes (shRNA + cDNA)
- targets/pathways of FDA-approved drugs (n=900)
- candidate disease genes (n=600)
- community nominations (n=500+)
15 cell types
- Banked primary cell types
- Cancer cell lines
- Primary hTERT immortalized
- Patient derived iPS cells
- 5 community nominated